The Board of Directors of the Canadian Horticultural Council is pleased to announce that Rebecca Lee has accepted the position of Executive Director.
Rebecca has significant experience in the industry. Rebecca obtained her Bachelor in Science/Agriculture from McGill University, her Masters in Science from the University of Guelph and her Doctorate from Wageningen University in The Netherlands.
Rebecca’s most recent position was as Technical Director with the North American Plant Protection Organization (NAPPO), where she also served as Acting Executive Director. During the six years with NAPPO, she worked very closely with government, research and industry representatives from the three North American countries.
Prior to that, she worked as Technical Director with the Association of Colombian Flower Exporters, for whom she designed the Colombian Centre for Innovation in Floriculture. She then served as Executive Director of the Centre for six years. These two positions provided Rebecca with extensive experience in dealing with government in Colombia.
Rebecca’s experience also includes consultancies in evaluation for organisations such as:
- Colombian Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Inter-American Institute for Cooperation in Agriculture, IICA -Colombia
- Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje, SENA, Colombia
- Departamento Administrativo de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación, COLCIENCIAS (the “NSERC” of Colombia)
- Canadian Embassy, Colombia (Research grants and Government of Canada Scholarships).
- Ontario African Working Group, as Evaluation Assistant, Guelph, Canada
- University of Guelph, as Evaluation Researcher, Guelph, Canada
Rebecca has significant experience in developing strategic plans, working with staff and bringing diverse groups together to develop common goals.
Rebecca will be working part time in August including connecting with CHC members and will be full time with CHC starting in September.
You may contact Rebecca at the following
- Office 613 226 4880 extension 211