Funding is available to improve accessibility and safety in your workplace
We wish to inform you of a current funding opportunity under the Government of Canada’s Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF).
Your business or organization could receive a grant of up to $100,000 through the EAF program to improve accessibility and safety in your workplace for current or future employees with disabilities.
The EAF program funds workplace projects which help remove barriers to accessibility through:
- the construction, renovation or retrofit of workplaces, which could include the construction of access ramps and accessible offices and washrooms and the installation of elevators; and
- the provision of accessible information and communication technologies for work use such as braille printers, accessible computer software, and visual alarm systems.
You can apply for EAF funding until July 26, 2018, if you are:
- a business with 99 full-time equivalent employees or less;
- a not-for-profit organization;
- a municipality with a population under 125,000 as per the 2016 census data;
- an Indigenous organization (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities); or
- a territorial government.
The EAF is currently accepting grant funding applications for projects that will increase accessibility in workplaces and community spaces across Canada. The Government of Canada will provide 65% of the total eligible costs of a project, up to a maximum of $100,000, to successful project applicants.
Apply now or inform others of this opportunity or other EAF funding opportunities such as the EAF Youth Innovation Component to help build a more accessible Canada!
If you would like to apply for funding or learn more about these funding opportunities, please visit the EAF funding webpage.
We encourage you to share this email with your network, partners and stakeholders so they may also benefit from this funding opportunity.