Canadian Potato Variety Evaluation Program
Research Lead: Mary Kay Sonier
Collaborators and Institutions
- PEI: David Main, Research Biologist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Charlottetown
Zenaida Ganga, PhD, Research Scientist, Cavendish Farms
- Québec: Andre Gagnon and Sophie Massie, Progest Inc.
- Ontario: Allan Sullivan, PhD, and Vanessa Currie, University of Guelph Sam Squire, Agricultural Consultant Rickey Yada, PhD, Reena Pinhero, PhD, University of Guelph Manitoba Darin Gibson, Gaia Consulting Ltd. Alberta Michele Konschuh, PhD,
- Alberta: Agriculture and Rural Development British Columbia Heather Meberg, E.S.Cropconsult Ltd.
This activity includes 7 areas of sub-activity:
- PEI – Variety evaluation: adaptation and yield trials & development of management profile of selected promising varieties.
- QC – Potato varieties and line evaluation
- ON – Variety Development; Nutrient Quality Evaluation of Processing and Table Stock Potatoes
- MB – Evaluation and Adaptation of French Fry Potato Varieties
- AB – Variety Evaluation
- BC – Variety Evaluation
- Progress Report April 2016
- Progress Report Fall 2015
- Progress Report April 2015
- Progress Report December 2014